In this episode Dr. Lauria explains how you can be the hero or the victim of your book journey. As an author you are the director of your experience. It will look to you sometimes like the things effecting your book are coming from outside of you. Maybe your editor will drop out of society and move to the mountains without wifi and take your manuscript with him. Maybe your publisher will close down 2 weeks before you publish. Things will happen but your ability to stay in the driver’s seat is the single most important determining factor in your success.
Listen To The Show:
In this episode you will learn:
- Right now, if you are the victim or the hero in your book journey
- How to identify your thoughts about being an author and use them to make the journey easier
- The story within the story…. You writing and publishing your book is it’s own story outside of the book. Lots of people will be interested in it!
- How to envision your book success effectively – 2 of my favorite techniques (book vision board and cover)
- The most important question you can ask yourself between now and when you book is released (If I were the hero of my book journey, what would I be doing right now)
Featured on the Show:
Full Episode Transcript: